domingo, 25 de enero de 2015

Voldemort says hola

It's been an interesting week. On Wednesday, around the time everyone left the office, a colleague of mine sent a message about the street next to our office, Passeig de Gràcia, being blocked. A few minutes later another colleague called my cell phone and told me to let everyone know that we should use the other exit, since the police has blocked Passeig de Grácia. I was creepy to look down from the 5th floor to the empty street. (For people who don't know the city, I work in the heart of BCN, and this street is one of the most important ones I'd say.) Apparently someone had left a suspicious bag in front of the Turkish embassy, and all the shops below us had been evacuated. Thank goodness it turned out to be a false alarm.

But it doesn't make me feel any safer to see police everywhere with machine guns. :( I see at least 6 of them every time I go have lunch. 

I finally had my operation on Friday, the day before yesterday. I was really nervous, mostly because of the IV needle. As a blood donor I'm used to needles, but I just can't handle the idea of having one on the back of my hand. :S I had to be at the hospital at 10 in the morning, accompanied, so a friend of mine came with me. Then we had to wait for almost 2 hours before I was taken downstairs in a wheelchair, and I hadn't gotten anything to calm me down... the nurses who prepared my bed were ridiculously handsome men! I had never been told by 3 gorgeous guys to remove my gown and lie down... :D Then they put the IV needle (fricking hurt) and asked where I'm from, and then I fell asleep. Apparently the surgery took 2 hours. 

I got to leave the hospital after 7pm, and they made my friend stay there the whole time! Now I've just been lying down and trying to sleep as much as possible. I can't eat or drink anything hot, and it's really difficult to eat anything because I can't breathe through my nose at the moment. Also, my nose starts to bleed whenever I move. Tomorrow I'll go back to the hospital, they'll remove a block they put up my nose after the surgery. Hopefully I'll be able to at least eat then...I'm so bored. I would like to read, but I can't hold the book up for long. It's taken me ages to write this entry, too... but I needed to sit up for a bit. Can't wait to be able to do normal things again!


1 comentario:

Meri dijo...

Sinut on haastettu viiden haasteeseen (http://blogikissat.com/puskis/haastetta-pukkaa/) Saat valkata kielen (ja sen osallistutko ylipäätään..)