lunes, 24 de febrero de 2014

An Esperanto-ish trip to Subirats

Yesterday I went to this little village called Subirats with some local Esperantists. Javier came to pick me up in the morning, and after picking up Alfons from Plaça d'Espanya we headed towards the wonderful countryside. It took us around 45 minutes to get to Subirats, and we took a quick look inside the Esperanto museum. Other Esperantists were still on their way, so I went to have coffee with Javier and Alfons. 

me being a tourist in Javier's car at Plaça d'Espanya
road trrrrippppp
the museum street was named after Zamenhof, the creator of Esperanto
the small café
cafe con leche

Once everyone had arrived, our special guest from Tokio, Goro, gave a lecture in the museum about Fukushima and how it affected his life, and life in general in Japan. He is a Japanese-German professor, and spoke in fluent Esperanto. The lecture was really interesting, and it inspired long conversations. In the afternoon we went to have lunch in this small restaurant.

the museum
the lecture
the "key" to Esperanto, in Basque
some Finnish translated literature, too
old posters of congresses
some introduction to Esperanto grammar in Catalan
the plaza
my hips are out of control :S
foto de Javier, dankon! :)

The food was good, and I took the cheapest ones because I don't know when I will get paid... then it turned out that everybody had to pay the same amount, regardless of what they ordered. I was really pissed off because I had to pay 20€ instead of 13€. It's not a big amount, but I was still angry because I had planned to use that money for food today.

escalivada: tomatoes, smoked zucchini, and red pepper
wine...
...that you were supposed to drink like this
Goro tried too...
and he was a natural pro!

Goro had brought Japanese sweets with him, they were made of rice and... peas? They were really good. There were some leftovers, so I took 2 home with me. Om nom.


I really enjoyed Subirats, it reminded me of Milis in Sardinia. I prefer little villages like them to big cities, but I guess I will have time to find a village later. :) We had a nice ride back to Barcelona. As much as I enjoy talking to beginners and people with thick accents, it's truly wonderful to speak Esperanto with fluent people like Javier and Alfons (a native speaker).

on our way back. the mountain on the left is Montserrat
almost home!

I can't wait to see more Catalan villages... or Basque ones, for that matter. Ah. <3

No hay comentarios: