miércoles, 26 de febrero de 2014

Arts and crafts and creepy guys

So... what's wrong with Catalan men? I had a weird encounter today, it was the second one in a week; I left work at the same time with our Arabian Quality Manager, and chatted  with him in front of the metro station of Catalunya before going in. I took the green line and was supposed to get off at Fontana, after the stations of Passeig de Grácia and Diagonal

The metro was packed and I was listening to music, when we got to Passeig de Grácia and many people entered, including this one man, who winked at me. I got flustered and started playing with my phone, and he came to stand behind me. He touched me, and I thought that there was simply no space behind him, but then he moved his hand to my butt. That was one of those absurd situations where I just feel like laughing out loud. We got rather quickly to Fontana, and I don't know if it was his station too, but he exited the metro behind me. I took the escalators and was thinking of something clever to say, but then someone came to stand between us and he wasn't able to follow me. As I got out of the metro station I turned around, and he was still following me, looking straight into my eyes and smiling. I managed to lose him on my way to the place where the local Esperantists meet.

I didn't feel threatened at any point, I'm just sad that I wasn't able to snap at him in Spanish. I had a somewhat similar situation last Thursday; I left work and was on my way to this makeup store, when a well-dressed guy stopped me at Plaça de Catalunya and asked for directions to some restaurant. I told him that I don't know where it is, since I haven't been here that long, and then he just started walking with me and chatting, in Spanish and Catalan. He was about to go to the direction where the makeup store was, so I told him that I was going the other way, to La Rambla, and he said that he will accompany me there because he liked talking to me. 

Well, we walked La Rambla, all the way to the harbor, and he told me things about tourist attractions and different places along the way. He even introduced me to one of his friends that we met on the street. We walked for a few hours and it was really nice, he even showed me this one restaurant that looked like a magical forest. At that point it was already like 10pm, so I said that I should go home. We went to the metro station, and he asked if he could cook for me at his place. I said that I'm going home, alone, and then he started to describe very vividly what he would do to me if I went with him. I understood every single word, and he was telling me those things while we were surrounded by people! Once again, I was just laughing out loud and thinking about my trademark quote, mitä vittua täällä oikein tapahtuu (what the fuck is going on here - something I shouted in Bar 11 in Reykjavík several years ago... good times). I'm not used to that kind of attention from strangers.

And that's that. Yesterday I went to this Danish shop called Tiger and bought glue for decoupage. I didn't have a pencil holder at work, so I decided to make one for myself.

before...
...and after.

Looks like I found myself a choir! And the rehearsals are very close to where I live! I will go there on Monday and sing something, so they will know where to place me as they have several different choirs. I'm so excited! I love this city a bit more every day.

yesterday after lunch break. wow, much rainy, such warmth

No hay comentarios: