lunes, 10 de febrero de 2014

Estoy aquí!

Holaaaaaaa! I arrived yesterday, but was too exhausted to post anything. Therefore, I proudly present to you a picture vomit.

Friday

After repacking and watching Gossip Girl, I took the subway to the city center, where we went to have dinner. I never eat out, so I'm excited even about McDonald's... We tried to go to TGI Friday's, but we should have waited for an hour to get a table, so we decided to go to Pizza Hut instead. Mmm, so good! As starters we had garlic bread with mozzarella, and chicken wings, and as a main course I took some chicken alfredo pasta. I barely had room for dessert, but as I saw banana split on the menu, I just had to take it. It was so delicious!

Stockholm subway, surprisingly empty
We went to Pizza Hut, but I took some pasta. Good choice.

Saturday

On Saturday I repacked once again, because I was afraid my luggage was too heavy. Then we went to the city center to buy me a ticket for the airport bus, and had dinner at Burger King. Om nom nom. We took the subway back to Samuel's place, and I finished knitting his wool socks. I also took a 3-hour nap, because I had to take the subway at 3am to Cityterminalen and the airport bus.

Cafe Å Lait :D :D
Sergels Torg, Stockholm
On the last day we went to Burger King. They just opened one in Finland,
in Helsinki, and ain't nobody got time or money to travel there.

Sunday

I took the subway at 3am, and it was surprisingly empty at first. Then it started to fill up with party people. Samuel helped me to Cityterminalen, and I took the airport bus at 4am. I was really sad, I hate goodbyes. Everything went smoothly at the airport, even the baggage drop was automated. My luggage was far from overweight, which means that I could have taken some of that stuff with me that I left at Samuel's. Oh well. Before boarding I had some sandwiches I had prepared for myself, and played Cards Against Humanity with livestream people.

I was kinda suprised that there was an empty seat next to me in the plane, otherwise it was packed. There was some Spanish guy on the window seat, so the empty space was between us. I slept through the whole flight, I wasn't planning on it but it was all good. Once I arrived in Barcelona, I found the apartment easily and... I don't know. Everything went so smoothly! I have 4 female flatmates: one from Barcelona, one from Mallorca, one from China, and one from San Francisco, if I remember correctly. They're all very nice.

All the big supermarkets and shops are closed on Sundays, so I walked around a bit to see if I could find a small shop or something. I found one, and apparently the cashier and a customer had been talking about me, because suddenly, when I was paying, the cashier asked if I understood, and I just said yes, and the customer apologized... Then they asked where I was from, and started talking about the high quality of life and safety in Finland. They even complimented my Spanish. Good times.

In the evening I met with a local Esperantist, Gerard, who also happens to be a translator. We went to this small bar and had this drink with beer and lemonade. It was really good. We also had some pinchos, and I listened to Gerard talk in Catalan with some older men, who were there to watch a football soccer match between Barcelona and Sevilla. What an eventful day!

3am at Samuel's subway station, Västertorp.
Palms outside the airport
The airport bus to Barcelona
Norwegian water, nuts, and my Kindle
My room! :D
The view from our terrace
the middle floor of the apartment, my room is behind the couch
hehheh, tröpöjen pankki
I thought this pincho had an onion ring, but it was octopus...
Barcelona-Sevilla soccer match

Monday

Today I've been a busy bee. I slept for 9 hours without waking up, and headed to the office. I filled out some forms, and went to another office to get a temporary social security number. There was a misunderstanding and I was sent to yet another office, only to see that the office wasn't there anymore. And it was quite far away. At that point I was so tired and hungry that I cried, but then I stopped for a piece of warm bread with ham and cheese, and I started to feel better. I walked back to the second office, and they gave me a number for waiting line, and when I was called, the whole booth who called me didn't even exist... so someone else checked my papers and I finally got the number. Then I went to few banks, and managed to do all this in Spanish. 

After having been on foot for 4 hours, I took the subway for the first time, and found a nice grocery shop near my house. Then I came home, ate, and read some Cosmopolitan en español (got an Oriflame powder with it, sweeeet) and fell asleep for 3 hours. Now I'm freezing in my room, and there's a stormy wind outside. I might go back to bed soon, because tomorrow I have to visit some offices again.

on my way to the office
Oranges!
Palm trees!
subway
After all the walking today, I decided to treat myself: Cosmo for 3,5€
and a nice chicken caesar salad for 2,5€ :)
the metro ticket
something for the evening... and I love Kinder Buenos!

My feet hurt so fricking much... Oh, also, damn those Spaniards in suits. So much eye candy. :P

2 comentarios:

desespero dijo...

Saluton, Siru!
Ĉarmetan blogon vi havas. And don't worry, it wasn't octopus, but squid.
Amike,
Javier
http://enesperantujo.blogspot.com

Unknown dijo...

Koran dankon Javier! :D